Monday 15 October 2012

New direction

We all come to certain points in our lives when we need a new direction. As a blogger, this is one of mine. 

Fundamentally, the reason I first became interested in fashion and began working towards it as a career was not for money, celebrity or labels (as FYI, I can't afford a Chloe bag or Stella McCartney dress), the reason was for the utter beauty and fantasy of fashion. Creations worthy of a fairy tale, another-world or other time. For me, fashion creates a parallel world where anything is possible and where we can be whoever we so wish.

Sure fashion is made to be worn but one of the most marvellous things about this particular art is that it is also a wonder for the eyes. Fashion and all of its beauty, originality, talent and craftmanship can be appreciated just be seeing, yes? You don't need thousands of dollars or a name to appreciate fashion for what it really is.

So I've decided to focus more on my appreciation of fashion in a more poetic, literary way. Something a little more loquacious if you will.

My interest in words has been with me since I was a day-dreaming, whimsical child. My speciality aged 8 was spelling; my love, to write adventures, fairytales and magical journeys of magic carpets, fairies and meetings with giants.

Years later and after reading a thousand and one books, and finding my soul awakens at the sound of Shakespeare and T. S Eliot, I've formulated an increasing love for words that is more fervent and more insatiable than ever.

Be sure that through this love of words, a more critical and opinionated SOTC will inevitably surface. Perhaps therefore one even more worthy of criticism. But rest assured that in no way whatsoever will I assume my opinions are absolute.  As Lord Byron once said, "Opinions are made to be changed - or how is truth to be got at?"

So, whatever I write - I'll certainly be going back to my roots. 

You can have the money and pointless celeb of it all... from here on out, it's just me, the clothes and the words.

Me

 Love V

No comments:

Post a Comment