Wednesday 22 May 2013

Blooming beautiful

Ahhh the Chelsea flower show. One of my favourite world events of the year. That and London Fashion Week and World's Strongest Man. I have an eclectic bunch of interests.

Whilst I'm not sure what I could post as fashion-related to World's Strongest Man - muscle vests and knee strapping perhaps - I do know exactly what to write about when Chelsea is on.

Flowers.

I've never been lucky enough to visit the world's best flower show that is The Chelsea Flower Show, but I did recently visit the wonderul Keukenhof in Holland. Unfortunately, although it was early April, the blooms were not out in full splendour as they should have been because of the silly cold weather. Not that I blame the buds, I don't come into bloom unless it's at least 17Âșc.

The wonderful indoor displays in Keukenhof of tulips, lillies and orchids amongst hundreds of other species made up for the lack of colour outside. Not to mention the fabulous fashion and London-themed displays.

An indoor tulip display at Keunkenhof
Hats and flowers make the best of talking pieces

If I could, I would wear a dress entirely made of blooms. Imagine the fresh and sweet scent for one thing. Alas, it's probably not that practical. 

Hello pretty
Sitting on the bus would be problematic for one thing. In fact moving, would probably not work period. I'd shed petals faster than you can say 'walking pollenator'.

Never mind, the designers have floral fashion covered.


Givenchy 1956
Christian Dior s/s 13
Christian Dior s/s 13 Haute Couture

Be inspired and bloom.
Holly Fulton s/s 13
Prada s/s 13

v

No comments:

Post a Comment